Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Hi,

I’ve just purchased your pro version in order to connect two PC’s. 

One is running windows 10 enterprise while the other windows 7 pro. One has 2 monitors while the other has 4.

When I try to install bonjour for the auto config it crashes the program on both PC’s.

When I try to input IP addresses manually it gives me a connection timeout on every combination possible.

Also, it does not recognize my multiple screens when I hit configure server. It shows as one monitor and I have more than 1 on both PC’s.

I would appreciate any help.

Paul Suarez

You can try using the v1.9.0 from this thread. For multiple monitors, one machine is represented by a monitor in Server configuration box. You don't need to add all monitors there as it only reflects how many machines/computers you have.

I installed 1.9 and still timeout.

At least I was able to install bonjour but that didn’t help connect.

I even went through some installation forums. I added the client name in configure server.

What I don’t understand is what the “bold IP address” is in the server window. I have 4 IP addresses. I tried all of them in the client with and without auto config.

Further help is much appreciated!

these are pics of the the server.

however, it is the client that might not be connecting: it says" watchdog status: error". I added the folder to the defender exclusion list just in case but it didn't solve it. 

please advise.

syn1.PNG

syn2.PNG

Paul Suarez

What is the IP address of your client machine? I noticed that the server machine has 10.221.x.x which is a class A IP address. This is not usually used for small networks or private networks. You can try pinging the IP address of your client from your server machine (or vice versa) to check that they can communicate with each other.

I cannot ping them in either direction.

they are on the same network but it is a business network with limitations placed on access.

any suggestions?

Paul Suarez

I see. Basically both machines won't be able to communicate with each other on that setup. Do you have an IT department where you can request for such network communication related problem?