Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Ability to use server's displays with client PC?

TheAntiverse

Hi guys,

I tried searching around but I couldn't find a forum post with my exact question.

My main Win10 PC (server) has 2 monitors attached.  I would like to have my client Win7 PC, which is a laptop, use the same 2 monitors as my server, and I would like to keep my laptop lid closed.  I am using a Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) currently to make this happen.  I did a cursory review of Synergy before purchasing and I thought this could be done, but in using it, I don't see a way to make this happen.  Can someone tell me if this is possible, or planned in a future release perhaps?

The mouse & keyboard sharing does work great though!

Thank you.

DrRomeoChair

Sounds like you're looking for a dual-monitor KVM switch. Otherwise, Synergy isn't exactly the opposite of a KVM, but if you bought 1 or 2 more monitors, Synergy would let you use 1 keyboard/mouse to reach and use any of the displays.

TheAntiverse

Yes, that is the type of functionality I'm looking for.  I used to have a hardware KVM switch, and it mostly did the job, but it was flaky at best, and just.... so many wires and adapters.  Still looking for a network-based software solution.