Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Exclamation Mark - Swiss German Keyboard

Angelo Ventre

Unfortunately the bug with the exclamation mark with swiss german keyboard layout isn't fixed! I'm on the latest build 1.8.8.

When does this issue will be resolved? As this is a main "feature" or function of Synergy I think...

Thank you in advance!

Regards from Switzerland!

Paul Suarez

Hi @Angelo Ventre. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Our developers are doing their best to tackle all of the issues with international keyboard support. We thank you for bearing with us as we try to make Synergy better.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Doug Tooley

Reproduceable BUG with International Keyboards:   (1.8.5-stable)

With the Windows 10 Command Prompt as my active window, if I move my mouse from the Synergy Server to the Synergy Client, the keyboard language changes every time.

I haven't noticed any other active applications causing this behaviour, but it reproduces every time with the Command Prompt as my selected window (on the Synergy Server). If the command prompt is open, but not my active window, then the bug doesn't occur.

My setup: Canadian, running the US Keyboard ("ENG"), but I also have the Canadian French ("ENG CAFR") and Canadian Multilingual Standard ("ENG CMS") keyboards installed. But I effectively NEVER choose those other keyboards. I always use "ENG".

I've often noticed that my keyboard changes spontaneously, and I hadn't found a correlation until now.

Edited by Doug Tooley
Paul Suarez
On 5/25/2017 at 3:02 AM, Doug Tooley said:

Reproduceable BUG with International Keyboards:   (1.8.5-stable)

With the Windows 10 Command Prompt as my active window, if I move my mouse from the Synergy Server to the Synergy Client, the keyboard language changes every time.

I haven't noticed any other active applications causing this behaviour, but it reproduces every time with the Command Prompt as my selected window (on the Synergy Server). If the command prompt is open, but not my active window, then the bug doesn't occur.

My setup: Canadian, running the US Keyboard ("ENG"), but I also have the Canadian French ("ENG CAFR") and Canadian Multilingual Standard ("ENG CMS") keyboards installed. But I effectively NEVER choose those other keyboards. I always use "ENG".

I've often noticed that my keyboard changes spontaneously, and I hadn't found a correlation until now.

Have you tried v1.8.8 already?