Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Windows server cannot connect, but OSX server ok

chobochobo

Okay, I've just bought Basic Synergy. I want my Win10 desktop with its keyboard and mouse to control my Macbook Pro OSX 10.11.6.

I've installed Synergy on both. I can't connect the MBP when I choose the Win10 as server. However, on testing, choosing the MBP as server works. What's the solution please?

Paul Suarez

Hi @chobochobo. It could be a problem of trying to look for the other machine on a different network. While your server is Windows 10, check what IP addresses it has on it's Synergy interface. Check what IP address your client MBP is trying to connect to.

chobochobo

Thanks. When I have the server on Win10, there are three IP addresses in the list, one is in bold. This is the same one that shows up as the ipv4 address  when I use ipconfig.

When I use this in the client side OSX, typing it into the server IP, I get 'failed to connect to server: timed out' whilst the win10 log just shows watchdog status

Paul Suarez

@chobochobo, can you try using the other IP address then. It's not always the case that the bold IP address is what it uses. If you see an IP address with the 169.254.X.X format. Don't use it. That's just an automatic IP address set by the machine itself in the absence of a DHCP server (where it gets the IP addresses from).