Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy does not open in OSX 10.8.5

DeeCeeGee

Synergy was included in a bundle I purchased from StackSocial but the app crashes when I try to open it. I have OSX 10.8.5.  The Mac error report says Synergy cannot be opened because of a problem.

Thank you

Robotarmy

is there a version that works with 10.8? I have an old mac mini and i'm gettting a crash error

symbol not found: _KAXTrustedChaeckOptionPrompt

they changed they way permissions for assistive devices control panel (per app) changed in 10.9 I think

Robotarmy

But I bought it to control a 10.8 machine.

i used to use it on older machines. Isn't there an earlier version?

DeeCeeGee

Hi Paul ..Thank you for your reply..I have the following installed. synergy-v1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2-MacOSX-x86_64

Thank you

Dulip

Ivan Ordenes

HI Paul

I have just purchased Synergy Pro.  It looks like the right software to control two mac desktop computers with one mouse and keyboard in my studio.  In fact the drag and drop feature to transfer files between computers seems awesome.

Unfortunately the software will not load in any of my macs.  I'm running 10.8 and 10.7 OSX.  I know these OSX are old, but the download in your website said MAC OS Universal.  

There is no sign of minimum OSX for Synergy, other than your previous comment that it will run on 10.9.X or newer.  If this is the case, why is it advertised as OS Universal?

I will appreciate a prompt answer.

Cheers