Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

3 Monitors, 2 Computers

Hey guys, I stream on twitch TV and recently got a 2-PC setup! I was complaining about having to use x2 mouse/keyboards, and a bunch of viewers told me to setup Synergy now here i am!

I've been messing around with the settings, and the software "works" but i can't seem to get it to work properly!
This is the setup i am trying to achieve: [Client Monitor] [Server Monitor] [Client Monitor]
I'll also attach a picture of how its setup, so you guys can see clearly what i'm talking about!

But all i seem to be able to get is [Server monitor] [Client monitor] [Client monitor]  --- Or --- [Client monitor] [Client monitor] [Server Monitor]

Cheers,
Quintin

Synergy Setup.png

Paul Suarez

Hi @Quin69. We're currently not supporting this kind of monitor setup yet. Although, I found it listed as a feature on our roadmap for v2. Please bear with us while we are trying to make Synergy better for all. :-)

• Like 1

Cool @Paul Suarez What would be the ETA on v2, is there some sort of beta or work around i could use in the mean time?

Because this feature is pretty much required for anyone whos doing a 3 monitor livestreaming setup, game in the middle with 2 other monitors for chat & streaming software

Edited by Quin69
Paul Suarez

Honestly, we can't provide an ETA yet for v2 @Quin69. But, I can assure you that our developers are burning the midnight oil for this one.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
ColumbusGEEK
1 minute ago, Jorick said:

So is this supported since the new update ? 
Would love to see this supported. Otherwise in my opinion better 2 mouse's and keyboards

I noodled around yesterday here and got the impression the update might need a bit more coding time before it is as feature rich as 1.8.  

• 2 weeks later...

@hikari, do you have any links to explain how to do this with 1.x?

On 1/27/2018 at 5:01 AM, hikari said:

The annoying thing is you could do this with Synergy 1, if you manually setup the config file.

ColumbusGEEK
On 1/27/2018 at 7:01 AM, hikari said:

The annoying thing is you could do this with Synergy 1, if you manually setup the config file.

I was under the impression this was not possible even with 1.x. 

I'm with @rusticles , please share.

[Client Monitor 1] [Server Monitor] [Client Monitor 2]

The Windows display settings on the client PC are configured so that monitor 1 is to the right of 2, i.e. the opposite of what they physically are - that way when you move the mouse off the left of monitor one it wraps around to the right hand side of monitor two.

Configuration on the server for the links is:

section: links
    SERVER:
        left = CLIENT
        right = CLIENT
    CLIENT:
            left = SERVER
        right = SERVER
end

ColumbusGEEK

I tried your setup @hikari .  From my experience, your setup just means I have to push my mouse to the right, past my right client monitor and then it will appear on my client left.  

I want to be able to go from server left screen to client left, or server right screen to client right screen.  

Or did I miss something or set it up wrong?  Your setup seems to work identically to how the auto setup functions.  

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 06/02/2018 at 1:07 PM, ColumbusGEEK said:

I tried your setup @hikari .  From my experience, your setup just means I have to push my mouse to the right, past my right client monitor and then it will appear on my client left.  

I want to be able to go from server left screen to client left, or server right screen to client right screen.  

Or did I miss something or set it up wrong?  Your setup seems to work identically to how the auto setup functions.  

When I'm working from home, I like to have my laptop in the middle of my two home desktop monitors, to reduce neck strain.

With 2 computers and 3 monitors in Synergy 1 I set up the screens for my desktop and laptop Windows machines to be Desktop-Monitor-1 <-> Laptop <-> Desktop-Monitor-2 by using this configuration:

1. Reverse the monitors in Windows Display Settings (so that the displays were 2 then 1, left to right) then

2. Set up your Synergy config file so that it looked something like this:
         section: links
            Desktop:
                right = Laptop
                left = Laptop
            Laptop:
                left = Desktop
                right = Desktop
        end

That's it.

It took a while to get the handle of scrolling right off my right-hand monitor to get the cursor to appear on the left of the left-hand monitor due to the first step, but it worked easily and I got used to it.

A fix or work-around for Synergy 2 is long overdue.

• Like 1