Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

uninstalled and reinstalled program; screens on both computers list as running but won't connect. One Server both i.p. addresses match, but on client computer last number on server section is different. Log says; failed to connect to server, sever already has a connected client with our name. Screen name on both computers is the same. Cursor does not move over to client computer.

Paul Suarez

Hi there fevyam55. Have you already added the client's screen name on your server's user interface? If so, please provide us a screenshot to help us better understand the picture.

Arthanzar

Can't connect; the problem seems to be that the two computers are on different subnets, even after telling my router to specify the subnet for Synergy server to be the same as the rest of the devices, it won't. Server is on 192.168.179.1. All other devices are on 192.198.1.*. Client is on 192.168.1.5, for example.

Paul Suarez

Hi fevyam55. Please click on configure server and send us a screenshot of that screen. Thanks.

Paul Suarez
22 hours ago, [email protected] said:

here is screenshot from Client computer. Notice different I.P. address on Server I.P.  address section.

Capture.PNG

Hey fevyam55. I noticed that both server and client has the same screen name.

Paul Suarez

Please use a different screen name on your client side then.

1. Click Edit
  2. Click Settings
  3. Change Screen Name
  4. Click OK
  5. Make sure that you have added that screen name on your server side
  6. Click Start
Paul Suarez

Hi fevyam55. The last logs you sent us are still set to info. Please make sure to set both client and server to Debug1 before getting the logs.

Paul Suarez

Hi @[email protected]. Please set your sever configuration to look like this.

fevyam55.png.0639636d63272f549c63e8a73aceca21.png

Notice that the screen name for your server on that image says DESKTOPA6ET47F instead of DESKTOP-A6ET47F? That's because Synergy does not support screen names with special characters. Please do that by doing the steps below.

1. Click Edit
  2. Click Settings
  3. Change Screen Name to DESKTOPA6ET47F
  4. Click OK

fevyam55.png