Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse clicks stop working on PRO client after few minutes.

Jim Daly
Intermittently I loose the ability to click mouse on client. It can still move and highlight, etc, but from time to time (can't figure out any pattern), the mouse clicks on client are ignored. My work around is to restart the server (clicking stop then start on the server's Synergy Pro window). This seems to reliably re-enable mouse clicks on client (for another while). Although the work around does get me along, it is a major pain to do every few minutes. Btw, this also happened with previous version 1.7.1 stable. Any ideas? Server: Win8 64, Synergy Pro v1.7.2-stable, Dell Precision Mobile Workstation M6800 Client Win 7 64, Synergy Pro v1.7.2-stable. Dell Precision Mobile Workstation M6600 Both are wired GBit ethernet through same switch (also both are wireless as well...same network)
Mark Grygorcewicz
Hi Jim, I am having the same problem. It is annoying the heck out of me. Currently i have 3 Keyboards and Mouses (Mice)? on my desk. Hopefully we will get a Synergy fix soon!
Jacob Clark
Same here. Windows 8.1 server Mac OSX 10.10.3 client my work-around is to double click an empty portion of the desktop on the server then when I go back to the client the mouse clicks get recognized again. Seems much worse if I have Visual Studio (2013) running on the server side. Like every time if I have the VS window active, clicks do not work on Mac. VERY INTERESTING: If I minimize or close a window on the server, clicks stop on client (always) until I go back to the server and select a different window?
James Smith1491392598
I am having the same problem. The buttons stop working on client (OS 10.10.3) but continue to work on server (Windows 8.1). I click vigorously (right and left) on both client and server and eventually it comes back, but there seems no pattern to when/why this happens and it is very annoying. In addition I have noticed that the client is dying altogether from time to time so that it is of no use at all. I then must go into Activity Monitor and kill remaining Synergy program and restart it. I hope the information about both of these things happening to me is a hint as to what to fix on the next release. I am on 1.7.3(stable) on both client and server. Furthermore, my server says UNREGISTERED in the title although I logged into it with my pro credentials. But, that seems to have not effect.
  • 3 months later...
Same problem here on 1.7.4 Server: Windows 8.1 64-bit Client: Windows 8.1 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit On the Win8 client, the workaround of double-clicking on an inert bit of the server worked. It doesn't seem to work on Win10 as well. But I think there's another more subtle fix on Win10, because the problem usually just goes away after a little while - I haven't yet spotted the pattern. Using debug on the client, I can see the mouse down/up events being received. Also, curious visual effect on Win10 client; on a dialogue box with a tabstrip control, clicking on a non-active tab (with this problem in effect) causes the tab to 'highlight', but not raise, like the 'hover' effect but the effect stays even when the mouse moves away from the tab.
  • 2 weeks later...
Michael Roufa
[quote="Jacob Clark"]Same here. Windows 8.1 server Mac OSX 10.10.3 client my work-around is to double click an empty portion of the desktop on the server then when I go back to the client the mouse clicks get recognized again. ... VERY INTERESTING: If I minimize or close a window on the server, clicks stop on client (always) until I go back to the server and select a different window?[/quote] Very well described bug report! I'm running a nearly identical setup (Win 8.1 serves OSX 10.10.5) and never caught the pattern. Minimizing server windows causes mouse clicks to immediately stop working on client, double clicking the server desktop fixes it. Running 1.7.4 in SSL mode.
  • 3 weeks later...
Akshaya Annavajhala
Aha! that's it - facing the exact same problem and this step reliably repros the problem. Is there anything else we can provide to help with the fix?
  • 3 months later...
Jacob Clark
I really hate to complain here, but I need to bump this thread as it is the most annoying thing and it doesn't look like this is getting any focus? please please fix this! I will help in any way I can. Happens every day all day!
  • 2 weeks later...
Interesting to note that 100% of the users reporting this issue are running Windows 8.1 on the server. Anyone upgrade to Windows 10 yet? Does it still happen then?
Can anyone provide any examples of windows they minimize, after which clicks stop working on the client? Does it even happen with really common/simple stuff, like Notepad?
Jacob Clark
yes, it happens when I minimize notepad as well. Update: after re-starting, it works fine for a long-ish while (a day or so). but I have to restart the server side from the app, not just rebooting.
William Gillette
[quote="the-wes"]Can anyone provide any examples of windows they minimize, after which clicks stop working on the client? Does it even happen with really common/simple stuff, like Notepad?[/quote] Testing this. On Server I Minimize ANY window then move into Client and mouse-click doesn't work. Move to Server dbl-click on desktop then move back to Client and the mouse-click works again. I am able to repeat consistently. Running 1.7.5 on both Server and Client Windows Minimized: Chrome Browser IE Browser Notepad Synergy Pro ;-) Any Office application.... EDIT: - Closing the application does not cause the behavior. - If I minimize the application, move to the client can't click. return to server, restore the application (or any OTHER application) move to client, clicks work.
Jacob Clark
ahhh.. I have a bit more, and very interesting, information. I turned on "Don't take foreground window on windows servers" I turned off "Enable drag and drop file transfers" (never worked anyways) and, I believe more importantly, I enabled "Elevate mode" now, when the clicks fail, my windows server gives me the standard error "ding" sound. Like I have a dialog box up that I need to close before clicking a window. Every time I click on my mac, I hear the ding (when the issue is present) double clicking on the desktop still fixes it. (very temporarily) if anyone is around north GA, they can come over to my home and see it in action. or I will be happy to do a screen share / skype / join.me, etc
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...