Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy problems

So I bought Synergy Basic yesterday.

After downloading the msi installation file it would not let me install on one of my laptops (Dell Vostro 14), with the error report being: Installation must be on local hard drive (or sort of). This does not happen to my other laptop (Lenovo Y50-70), both has a 250GB SSD installed inside and host the OS, so obviously are 'local'.

So I instead moved the entire folder in Program Files from my Lenovo to my Dell, and run the Dell as client, however, on the Dell it keeps sending the error: ipc connection error, connection refused (or sort of). I believe someone has had these problems before, and therefore can offer me help? And yes, I did restart my laptop multiple times.

Regards.

Paul Suarez

Hi Wojtko. Please start the Synergy service for your machine by doing the steps below.

1. Press windows + R
  2. Type in services.msc
  3. Search for Synergy under Name
  4. Double click Synergy
  5. Under Service Status, click Start (if it is Started already, Stop it first and restart it)
  6. Click Apply and OK

HOU Haixiang
On 5/4/2017 at 7:45 PM, Paul Suarez said:

Hi Wojtko. Please start the Synergy service for your machine by doing the steps below.

1. Press windows + R
  2. Type in services.msc
  4. Double click Synergy
  5. Under Service Status, click Start (if it is Started already, Stop it first and restart it)
  6. Click Apply and OK

I have the same problem on Win10 with synergy work as a client.

Follow your answer, the service immediately down after I clicked the start button(a system msgbox told me that). Firewall down too. I use 1.8.8 stable.

All works fine on Mac.

Paul Suarez
On 5/4/2017 at 7:45 PM, Paul Suarez said:

1. Press windows + R
  2. Type in services.msc
  4. Double click Synergy
  6. Click Apply and OK

Any updates on this @Wojtko?