Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse is Choppy / Jumpy

BrianDougherty

Mouse is not working well on Synergy. Jumpy, lagging. Have checked the hardware, not a mouse issue. Please help. 

BrianDougherty

I'm glad the person I chatted with promised I would get a quick response yesterday. Customer service is not good for this product. 

Paul Suarez

Hi BrianDougherty. We're really sorry to hear that you're having that kind of issue. Please turn SSL off on both machines and check if you still experience the same problem.

1. Click the Edit menu
  2. Click the Settings menu item
  3. Uncheck SSL
  4. Make sure it's turned off on both machines

Let us know how it goes.

Paul Suarez

Hi BrianDougherty. Are those machines connected to your network via Wi-Fi? If so, can we try connecting them using Ethernet cable to check how it goes having physical connection.

• 3 weeks later...
Chris Velevitch

I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm running Mac OS X 10.9.5 for the server and all the clients are running Mac OS X 10.11.6.

When you move the mouse on a client, it suddenly stops moving then, just as suddenly, the mouse jumps to a position on the screen where the mouse would have moved if it didn't suddenly stop. It seems to do it in a pattern of stop for a second, then go for a second then stop for second and so on.

This is really annoying because you can end up on the next screen and it makes positioning the mouse with any accuracy difficult. 

Chris Velevitch

I'm also experiencing a similar issue with typing, in that as you type, you type for a second and then characters stop appearing for a second and then all the characters appear for a second. You don't lose any characters, they all just get buffered during those one second pauses.

Paul Suarez
1 hour ago, Chris Velevitch said:

I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm running Mac OS X 10.9.5 for the server and all the clients are running Mac OS X 10.11.6.

When you move the mouse on a client, it suddenly stops moving then, just as suddenly, the mouse jumps to a position on the screen where the mouse would have moved if it didn't suddenly stop. It seems to do it in a pattern of stop for a second, then go for a second then stop for second and so on.

This is really annoying because you can end up on the next screen and it makes positioning the mouse with any accuracy difficult. 

Please create a different thread for this.