Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Connectivity problems - refund possible?

Hi! I've bought Synergy 20 minutes ago, and I've faced connectivity problems twice already.

I was unable to receive any logs on the first crash as Synergy locked away my Keyboard and Mouse on the server while I was working on the Client. This made my server entirely unresponsive - I could only recover after a restart. Logs on the client simply showed unable to connect to Server.

After the restart, the input lag on the client is insane. It resolved itself after 5 minutes, throwing this and reconnecting again.

INFO: entering screen

[2017-04-30T13:41:16] NOTE: client "thesignal" is dead

Host is running Windows 10 64 bit, Client is a 64bit Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

I would reconsider the refund if these crashes were once in a blue moon, but for it to happen so frequently after I've just bought the product is unacceptable. 

It may not seem like much but 30USD is a lot of money to an undergraduate.
Please direct me towards a refund.

Yes, purchased this expecting an easy configuration. I would like a refund as well for a product that is expected to work.

Can anyone get back to us?

I can't believe it's been 3 days and no one has gotten back to us, or any of the issues on the forum, really.

On the server you need to name the clients. Once you name the clients in the configuration they will connect. The setup could be a little more detailed than, "make the server, make the client and bam!" 

Thanks Rob! I too managed to figure that out after awhile.

However, it seems that I'm still getting random disconnects and even crashes. It appears that the staff care very little about their customers past the sale of the product. It does not bode well that the users have to troubleshoot among themselves to solve issues like this.