Hello! šŸ‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Unable to connect client to server

After reading about this program I got all excited and decided to give it a try. After the installation, unfortunately, I'm unableĀ to connect the client machine to the server machine. Instead, I am getting the following error message pm the server machine: Client:"localhost.localdomain" has disconnected. and the following message on the client machine: Warning: failed to connect to server: server refused client with the name "localhost.localdomain

You must configure the name of your clients by clicking the "Configure Server...". You can see the name of the client when it connects from the log.

myriaddev

I have read the so-calledĀ "manual" and followed the "Configure Server" and I sill get the same problems. Ā I am pissed. Ā No place to get help. Ā I want my money back now!

I agree I had the same problem. They are quick to take the money, when I asked for a refund they send me an email saying that I will get my refund after 30 days. This is turning into a scam. A lawsuit will definitely solve this scam. Liars and thievesĀ 

myriaddev

I cloned the software (OS) and I had to change the name of one of the machines. Ā I am now up and working after many hours of hard work!

• 1 year later...
AlexKlaus80

I had linux machines on the both server/client end, and it seemed as though Edit > Settings > Miscellaneous > Screen name configured as "localhost.localdomain" on both ends confused the program.

One machine's hostname was indeed that, as I hadn't change the machines default settings since installing OS and Synergy, but the other one had my original hostname configured to make sure every machines own unique hostnames. I don't remember if Synergy was installed before or after the change, but that 'Screen name' option was remained original, so I manually updated them. (Perhaps Synergy sets the value to the hostname at the installation and keeps it unless manually reconfigured??) It seems likeĀ 'Screen name' doesn't have to be the same as hostname, but I think tie those together and make every machines hostname identical is the best practice anyways, so I think that is better if you had any preference over that.

Anyhow, 1) assign unique hostname on every machines on the network, 2) Make sure that hostname is identical to 'Screen name' option on each machines, 3) Configure each 'Screen name' positions on "Configure Server..." menu, and it worked as expected.