Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Scrolling not working on client - MAC

Scrolling not working on client - in any application

Server - MacPro OS 10.12.1 Sierra
Mouse on server - Logitech wired mouse

Client - MacBookPro OS 10.11.6 El Capitan

Behavior - Mouse scroll wheel works fine on the server - does not work at all on the client with any program.

Attempted remedies:

Restarted server and client
Restarted both machines

Unsuccessful.

Looking forward to prompt reply.

Anton

• 1 month later...
EdHayes3

I'm having the same problem.

Server: PC Windows 10
Client: Mac El Capitan 10.11.6

It worked before, but not now. 

• 4 weeks later...
SinisterOne

I am having the same issue! Server is MacBook Pro and 2 clients are Linux and Mac Server and sometimes another Linux box. Mouse scrolling does not work on any of the clients! Only the Synergy server does mouse scrolling work. I do not have any Logitech software installed nor have I ever. I have tried Logitech mouse, Microsoft mouse, Magic Mouse, track pads etc and all have the same issue where mouse scrolling only works on the server. Copy and paste work fine. Left and right click work fine, its just mouse scrolling that does not work!

From what I am seeing when I Google this issue this is a pretty common issue, THUS why hasn't this issue been resolved/fixed?!? If it cannot be resolved/fixed then I want a refund and I will switch back over to a KVM for at least it works!

Very disappointed! To only have support via this forum is just plain terrible service! Used to be a big fan of this software for I liked being able to manage numerous machines without the need of a KVM. Was going to pitch the software to our CIO for 40+ servers but not till this is fixed!

Ugh... such a disappointment!

FYI - I even tried making the Linux box the server and get same results so its not a Mac issue.

Paul Suarez
4 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

Hi @SinisterOne. You can send us an email at [email protected] for us to start processing it. 

If you want to give it another shot though, try disabling smooth scrolling on your Mac machine. Based on what I've read online, Linux does not support smooth scrolling. It could possibly be the reason why it won't work for Linux.

@APickard have you installed a software for your Logitech mouse?

EdHayes3

I'm running debug highest level on server and client.  I was using scrolling all morning just fine, and it just stopped. Neither side has any scroll debug messages that the scroll activity is happening.  When it works, I see scroll activity on both server and client logs.

Restarting the server fixed scrolling on the client.  

Happened after  2017-07-03T10:45:58   before 2017-07-03T11:08 in log. Can email log if requested.  Can't attach here.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on the scrolling? The log on the client that is not working is showing the scroll -30, and +30 is recieved when I scroll slowly.  And shows -60, +60, -90, +90 when I scroll faster.

Problem is, when the the 30s go across, nothing scrolls. When the 60 and 90 go across, scrolling occurs.

• 1 month later...
Mike Schenck

I'm having the same problem. Scrolling will work on client for a while then stop. However I've found that if I open the Synergy app on the server, scrolling on the client starts to work again. If I happen to click on another window on the server, taking focus away from the synergy app, then eventually scrolling will stop working on the client again. If I go back to the server and click on the synergy app, giving it focus again, then scrolling will start working again on the client.

I know for sure there is a relationship between the focus of the synergy app on the server and scrolling on the client because I do this little dance over and over and over again every day for month and months and months.

Please please please fix this. Otherwise synergy is a great product but this flaw is driving me nuts. 

Server: Windows 10

Client: MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Version Synergy Pro 1.8.8-stable-c30301e

• 1 year later...

My scroll wheel wasn't working on client:

Server: Win10, Synergy v 1.10.1-stable-8941241e, Logitech MX Vertical mouse with Logitech Options installed 

Client: Win10, Synergy v 1.10.1-stable-8941241e

1. Scroll wheel wasn't working on client, tested in several different programs

2. Changed smooth scrolling setting in Logitech Options to 'disabled' 

3. Scroll wheel immediately started working as expected on client

4. Tested switching smooth scrolling to 'enabled' again and scroll wheel immediately stopped working again on client

Note, this issue was not present for me with other Logitech wireless mice of the same generation. Scroll wheel worked fine on client with smooth scrolling enabled for MX Master 2s, and MX Anywhere 2s, regardless of smooth scrolling enabled or disabled. I don't know what's different about the MX Vertical that causes this issue, but that's what I observed!

Found this old post, so I thought I'd post the solution I found related to Logitech Options settings in case it's helpful. Sounds like OP may have had a different issue and solution, but it's the same symptom, so I'll log it here.