Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 1.8.8 w/ OSX 10.12.4 - Synergy crashing hard on launch

SwabbyNat

I'm getting this in the console when i try to run Synergy 1.8.8 on OSX 10.12.4. I cant get 1.8.8, or ANY previous version to work in the updated OSX any longer.

WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.4 instead of 10.12.4. This is not a bug in Gestalt -- it is a documented limitation. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.

And then some other one liner warnings, and Synergy never opens.....

Yup, the MacOS version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2 is a headache. 

I use MacOS 10.12.4 and the latest Win 10 creators update and they just don´t play nice together. 

Win 10 as a server are just useless; too buggy. Swapping MacOS to host works, but every time the Mac resumes (sleep mode) theres a popup of Synergy crashing. 

I also have to be logged on to my MacOS for it to work in Win10 which kind of defeats the purpose of this as a KVM alternative for me at least.

I seriously cannot understand why this software should be that hard to make stable (programmer myself). This is not exactly rocket science to emulate a keyboard / mouse.

To be honest I also feel the whole layout of the software are way too messy in considering the job it does. Keyboard shortcuts as an example. How hard could it be to just boot up the software choose "host or client" and "screen layout" (if you want) and a standard shortcut (as my KVM switch had pr keyboard) like a ctrl+win/apple+<screen numb> to switch?

The drag and drop of files does not work either. Clipboard does.

I love the "idea" of this software, but without any direct support, messy layout and the fact that it seems way too buggy (never had a completely smooth experience) I think this is just for "fiddling about" and not professional use. Win10 as a host makes the mouse / keyboard laggy on MacOS while the other way around at least makes the experience smooth while it works. 

My two cents at least.

• Like 1
eddie dilanchian

SUPPORT IS VERY SLOW NO ANSWERS AS YOU MENTIONED THIS SHOULD BE EASY I WISH THERE IS ANOTHER SOFTWARE THAT DOES THAT I KNOW THE OLDER VERSION THAT I HAD WAS REALLY GOOD SHOULDN'T HAVE UPGRADED IT AND NOW I CANT EVEN FIND IT ANYMORE

eddie dilanchian

let me share this software its call sharemouse works flawlessly  no client or server just download it works like charm

• Like 1

Thanks Eddie, tested and works flawlessly. I was offered money back on my purchase from Symless which is nice; so I have mailed them and accepted. Will rather purchase a version of a working host / client setup than becoming yet another alpha tester. Thanks.