Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

PowerPoint Animations Paused when Moving Mouse to Client

If I'm on the server (which is running a looped animation in PowerPoint) and move the cursor to the client, all animation pauses on the server. It doesn't seem to happen when you flip the server and client in this scenario. Is there a reason for this, and if so, is there a way to prevent it from happening? I have only been able to test it while running the presentation on the server's main screen, so I haven't been able to test if this also happen when using presenter mode.

Ideally, I would like to have PowerPoint running on both the server and client computers, and to have a hotkey that advances both when using a clicker (which registers as pressing the Page Down key for Next Click). As far as I can understand though, you can't program a hotkey to register a keystroke on all computers. If this is incorrect, I would LOVE if someone could tell me how. I'll put that in a different discussion too as it's not directly related to this topic.

2 hours ago, edrini said:

I have only been able to test it while running the presentation on the server's main screen, so I haven't been able to test if this also happen when using presenter mode.

I've now tested it with an extra monitor connected to the server running in presenter mode, and the pause in animation still occurs.