Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

How to configure monitor size mapping?

Rob Lewis
We used to be able to configure by percentage of screen how the shapes of the monitors relate to each other. That way, when the mouse crosses screen boundaries, it moves smoothly from one to the next rather than jumping to a totally new location. Did this feature get dropped? Or am I just unable to find it? Help?
  • 2 weeks later...
Ben Koenig
Woah, that's sharp! :o SSL causing fatal crashes trumps being able to adjust for different monitor sizes. It kind of swamped everyone and everything else for a while. Sorry. To say something constructive here: For those of us with mismatched monitors, the "Dead Corners" option might be interesting. With the bigger screen as you server, you set this up and you won't be able to jump to the client from a dead corner, forcing you to transfer smoothly. A bit of a hack, but the effect is similar.
Rob Lewis
Dude, I'm not asking for a fix, it's just a friendly question: did the feature get dropped, or am I just unable to find it in the config? If it's dropped, that's fine - I just don't want to waste time hunting for something that's not there. But to your point, this isn't urgent.
Ben Koenig
Oh my bad. Internet subtlety is not my strong side. Does this help? [url]http://synergy-project.org/wiki/Text_Config#links[/url] I don't see it in the GUI but you might be able to export your config to a file and add the percentages. I wonder why it's not in the interface.
  • 4 weeks later...
Rob Lewis
Thanks Ben, That's exactly what I was looking for. It's working perfectly. Of course, one of my [Windows] machines has two monitors with the desktop extended across them, but I don't know of a way to get windows to map the enter/exit percentages like Synergy does when I move from one to the other. But that's not a Synergy issue, it's a Windows issue :-) - Rob
Rob Lewis
Actually, it turns out that you can (configure the mapping in windows) to some extent. I didn't realize it, but (at least on Windows 8.1) when your multiple displays are different resolutions, you can just drag the display icons (when adjust screen resolution) up or down to indicate the physical relationship between the top/bottom of each screen, and it does the right thing (sort of) when the mouse move between them. That's awesome! So now I have a complete solution. Thx!
  • 2 years later...