Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Fatal error

Matthew Bunn
Hi guys, I just updated one of my machines to the latest version of the software. All worked fine. I just updated my second machine but when I get to login screen to register it after the update I am getting the following error: "Code: 1" "Error: FATAL: An error occured: Unknown error, code 12029" I closed the error and Synergy launched but it says (UNREGISTERED). I also note that after closing and re-opening the software on the first machine where the update was succesful. This is now showing as UNREGISTERED as well :( Any help appreciated. Thanks, Matt
Stephen Crowe
Hi I also have the same problem. I just downloaded the latest version and get. An error occurred while trying to sign in.Please contact the help desk, and provide the following details. Code: 1 Error: FATAIL: An error occurred: Unknown error, code 12029 I do knot know what happened as the previous version was running fine. I get the same error on both machines. I even removed the programs and went back to the previous version and still get the error code. Any help much appreciated Thanks Stephen
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
To solve the 'unregistered' issue, you'll need to re-run the wizard, but I guess the 12029 error is blocking that? Is your computer behind a proxy?
Stephen Crowe
Hi Nick I Rebooted my second computer and have the registered version. I then used it.s Mouse & Keyboard. Still would not connect to main computer even with reboot. So I installed Syneryg Pro on my Laptop which worked fine and connects to second computer. On main Computer Ran Wizard and when gets to registering I get the fatal error. How to Install Registered version on main computer. I will uninstall and edit registry to remove any Synergy info. Then Install fresh program again. I now have Laptop and Second computer working perfect. But the main computer is the one I need mostly. Any Help much appreciated. Regards Stephen
Stephen Crowe
Hi Nick I uninstalled program I edited the registry and removed all but 2 entries which I could not delete. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_SYNERGY How do I delete above entry? Would this be the problem? Reinstalled program on C drive, it was on D drive. Still get same error at same spot in install. This computer runs Win XP the other 2 run Win 7. I can not think of what to do. Please Help Stephen
  • 4 weeks later...
Stephen Crowe
Hi Carlos I have been unable to fix it and are still without Synergy on my main computer. Would of been better not to update as before it was running fine. I are out of ideas. Hope someone helps.