Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Connected - Mouse does not move to client screens

WALTER WRIGHT

Connected - Mouse does not move to client screens. Windows 10 desktop 64bit as server. Galaxy Tab Pro 64bit Win 10 as client & Lenovo Thinkpad Win 7 32bit as client.

Not sure how to fix.

Jeremy Bullis

Having the same problem but only with my Fedora 25 client pc. Synergy is working, but the mouse cursor will not appear. I am running 1.8.7 server on win7 and have a win7 and win10 client that work fine. I did try to downgrade synergy on the Fedora client to 1.8.5 but that did not fix the issue. Also tried disabling clipboard or file/drag/drop features but also no dice.

• 3 weeks later...
Tim Stefanski

Was there a solution for this ?

I am having this same issue with fedora 25 server and win 7 client, both server and client are running V1.8.8-1 stable.

Rex Terry

I had the same experience. When arranging the clients on the Server Configuration screen, be sure you have located them adjacent to the Server. The Synergy Screen showed the clients as connected, but I just couldn't get the cursor to go there.

My experience was that at first I could not move the cursor to the client, then I could onely move it from the opposite or wrong side of the server.

After I rearranged the icons adjacent to the Server all worked perfectly.

Again, I thank Karen Williams and Nick Bolton for their very kind assistance. :D:D

• 6 years later...
Jason Butterworth

Sorry to say but its RC3 and this issue has come back.  All screens are adjacent to each other with the green bar between them.  Mouse cursor will not switch to the remote screen.

• 3 months later...
Danny Carlton
On 11/6/2023 at 3:56 PM, Jason Butterworth said:

Solved it.  Reset the remote config and it seems to have solved the problem.

How is this a solution?!? "Reset" can mean any of a dozen things.

Jason Butterworth

I mean my issue went away after i uninstalled and reinstalled the remote agent.  It was refusing connections.

Danny Carlton
19 hours ago, Jason Butterworth said:

I mean my issue went away after i uninstalled and reinstalled the remote agent.  It was refusing connections.

Thank you, Jason.

For my part I have four computers (win7,win8,win10 and win11) The win7 is the synergy server and I was just adding the win11. The win7 (left),10 (middle) and 11 (right) are all across and the win10 (top) is above the win8. The new win11 box was registering with the win7 server, but the mouse would not go in to it. I restarted the synergy service on both and it had no effect. I rebooted both, but still the problem persisted. I just happened to need to reboot the win8 (the middle one) for a disk check (some bad areas on an external drive), and that (somehow) solved the problem. Ironically it was the intermediary client that was the problem all along.

The server (win7) was seeing the win11 computer and the win11 client was detecting the server, so there was so initial connectivity problem, just a win8 box being a jerk.

• Like 1