Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse buttons beyond three config guide? back/fwd and more

Stefan Rank

Hi

In previous versions I could wrangle the config to forward back/forward mouse buttons by renumbering them for different clients.

(Host: Linux, Clients: Mac and Windows; there's a bug filed with information on that.)

However now, version 1.8.7-stable-9799e96, no renumbering works. So back and forward are not passed on to the clients, and in addition, I would like to have the mouse events from additional buttons on my mouse (Logitech Performance MX which has side tilt on the wheel and two more buttons) available in the clients to use there.

Is that already something that should work with the right config? If so, is there documentation on it?

If not, I imagine that the best way would be to somehow forward the type of input device to the client OS so that you can configure the buttons there as needed, rather than trying to map events in the synergy configuration.

Cheers,

stefan

Stefan Rank

Hi Sam

I am not exactly sure, but it stopped working in one of the last two upgrades I did in the last 5 months. I do not upgrade to every new version though.

Sorry that I can't provide an exact version numbers.

Cheers,

stefan