Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Copy & Paste only work in one direction: client to Server

I have two computers, both running Windows 10 Pro and Synergy Pro 1.8.7-stable-9799e96. Connectivity and cursor positioning work great between client and server.

Issue is that I am only able to copy text from client screen and paste to one of four server screens. When I try to copy text from any of the four server screens, it pastes what was last stored in the clients clipboard to the client screen.

Looking in server and client Synergy Pro setup windows, I do not see anything that might help this issue.

Under Menu: Edit - Settings:

Both client and server Settings show:

* Port: 24800

* Elevate: As Needed

* Network Security: Use SSL encryption boxes (checked)

• 3 weeks later...
Curtis LaPrise

+1 on this

I literally have the same EXACT issue, same synergy version, same settings, same scenario (Windows 10). Copy & Paste is not bidirectional as it used to be. Not sure what Synergy's official channels are for raising an issue on this, but hopefully it's addressed soon.

• 3 months later...
Ed Gorth

All,

I found a workaround for this issue of Synergy when it stops allowing you to paste the clipboard contents from the Server to the Client.

On the Server PC, I left click on the Synergy Icon in the Windows 10 toolbar and click on 'Stop' and wait for the text 'process xxx was shutdown gracefully', I then click on 'Start' and wait for text 'client "your PC name" has connected".  Copy and Paste function from the Server to the Client then works again.