Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Feature request

Troy Rowland

A couple issues I have with Synergy, that if fixed, would make Synergy darn near perfect.

Gaming mode. The ability to lock a single keyboard/mouse to a single monitor/system, or all. I often have to turn Synergy off (then just never turn it back on, sadly) because in most games(if not all), I end up moving my mouse too far off the screen, then I'm not playing my game anymore, often times dying before I remember what happened.

Remote Desktop doesn't play well with Synergy. I use a few remote desktop applications, mainly TeamViewer, but Chrome Remote Desktop, or simply Windows Remote Desktop(depending which one(s) have crashed or aren't working). Synergy takes over full control, not allowing mouse clicks, keyboard entry into the computer being remoted into. Sometimes it takes several re-connections and fiddling around to finally get it to work long enough before I'm able to remotely shut down Synergy. I use remote desktop each and every day, so this is a major pain. Another reason why I barely use Synergy anymore.

Remote Desktop part 2.. I updated Synergy, and can't seem to replicate this specific issue, however it does act super stranger when moving between screens. It would be nice to have a (RETURN TO SERVER) option/hotkey.

For gaming mode, on my windows machine I click ScrLk on my Windowz keyboard and it locks the keyboard/mouse to whichever machine my mouse is currently on, currently I'm using mac and win but there must be a key which synergy uses which works the same on linux and mac too.