Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

SSL connection not working: must activate every time

I'm using Synergy Pro v1.8.6 (64bit) on Xubuntu 14.04.

It's basically working (except the mouse/keyboard lag issue).

But everytime I restart Synergy (e.g. after booting the computer) it can't connect over SSL, because it "forgot" that I activated it using my serial key.

If I press "File > Activate" the key is entered and I just have to hit OK. Then SSL connection works again.

Is this a bug, or did I miss anything?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Had the same problem with "forgetting the activation" with Synergy Pro on Mint 18 (64bit).

However, when I started Synergy with sudo it remebered the activation when started with sudo - didn't help me with my user-account but suspected some rights-issue.

So I started Synergy as su (not sudo!), activated it, exited su to user-account and voilà, it worked.

• 2 weeks later...
Christian Mauderer

Hello,

I had the same problem on Arch Linux. The nice thing was: The problem existed only on one Arch system but not the other. I have compared the two config files in "$HOME/.config/Synergy/Synergy.conf". On the not working system, there was the lines "userToken=..." and "activateEmail=..." missing and the "edition=1" was set to 0.

I've copied the lines from my working system and now it works. I'm not sure how the "userToken" is generated from the activation key. Eventually a Symless member is able to say more regarding the token?

Kind regards

Christian

Seems my first suggestion didn't help long.

But luckily, your's did, Peter.

I didn't have any entry on my Synergy.conf-file on the Mint-machine for "activateEmail=.." or "userToken.."

and I didn't know what to put there, however I had another PC running Synergy, so I looked in the

config there (Win7, so I looked in the registry).

The following changes helped me on Mint 18 (64bit) to keep the Synergy in "Pro"-mode:

-activationHasRun=false

-activateEmail=[mySynergyEmailAdress]

-serialKey=[empty, that means I deleted(!) my key here]

No "userToken=.." was necessary, as I didn't find one in the Win7-registry either.

It seems strange to me and like a bug or so, but it's working fine right now with SSL enabeled.

Maybe these changes need to be reversed with a new version, but it's working on 1.8.6.stable-2ab21aa from 12.Dec 2016.

Kind regards

Chris Doucette

OMFG! Thank you! This was happening to me too and was driving me crazy. Tried re-activating the server but not the client. Duh.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...