Sign in to follow this  
Peter B.

SSL connection not working: must activate every time

5 posts in this topic

I'm using Synergy Pro v1.8.6 (64bit) on Xubuntu 14.04.

It's basically working (except the mouse/keyboard lag issue).

 

But everytime I restart Synergy (e.g. after booting the computer) it can't connect over SSL, because it "forgot" that I activated it using my serial key.

If I press "File > Activate" the key is entered and I just have to hit OK. Then SSL connection works again.

 

Is this a bug, or did I miss anything?

 

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the same problem with "forgetting the activation" with Synergy Pro on Mint 18 (64bit).

However, when I started Synergy with sudo it remebered the activation when started with sudo - didn't help me with my user-account but suspected some rights-issue.

 

So I started Synergy as su (not sudo!), activated it, exited su to user-account and voilà, it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I had the same problem on Arch Linux. The nice thing was: The problem existed only on one Arch system but not the other. I have compared the two config files in "$HOME/.config/Synergy/Synergy.conf". On the not working system, there was the lines "userToken=..." and "activateEmail=..." missing and the "edition=1" was set to 0.

 

I've copied the lines from my working system and now it works. I'm not sure how the "userToken" is generated from the activation key. Eventually a Symless member is able to say more regarding the token?

 

Kind regards

 

Christian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems my first suggestion didn't help long.

But luckily, your's did, Peter.

 

I didn't have any entry on my Synergy.conf-file on the Mint-machine for "activateEmail=.." or "userToken.."

and I didn't know what to put there, however I had another PC running Synergy, so I looked in the

config there (Win7, so I looked in the registry).

 

The following changes helped me on Mint 18 (64bit) to keep the Synergy in "Pro"-mode:

-activationHasRun=false

-activateEmail=[mySynergyEmailAdress]

-serialKey=[empty, that means I deleted(!) my key here]

 

No "userToken=.." was necessary, as I didn't find one in the Win7-registry either.

It seems strange to me and like a bug or so, but it's working fine right now with SSL enabeled.

Maybe these changes need to be reversed with a new version, but it's working on 1.8.6.stable-2ab21aa from 12.Dec 2016.

 

Kind regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMFG! Thank you! This was happening to me too and was driving me crazy. Tried re-activating the server but not the client. Duh.

 

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this