Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Issues with 1.8.6!

Jon Hopewell

hi folks...

i just downloaded 1.8.6 as i have been having issues with getting synergy to work on my macs:

• macbook pro (server - 10.11.6)
  • mac mini (client - 10.11.6)

synergy says it is running, however my mac mini will never connect to it - gives me the infamous "Timed out" log message. this issue has been happening since 1.8.3 and i have not been successful at resolving it. 1.8.6 has also proven useless in this, so i am really not sure what's up. i don't have a firewall set on either machine, both machines are on the same network, and both machines have SSL disabled in synergy.

one thing i have also noticed with this latest release (1.8.6) is that even though i have activated my PRO account, if i quit synergy and restart it, it always launches back in "Synergy Basic" mode. what is interesting with this is that when i go to File > Activate, the pre-populated serial number is only a small portion of what i originally pasted. if i paste in my full serial again and save it, the app goes back to "Synergy Pro", but only while the app is running - if it quits and is relaunched, we're back to "Synergy Basic".

not sure if each of these issues relates directly to another, but suffice it to say, they seem to be major issue with this software, as i am not the first to complain about not being able to use it. i hope that the synergy team can jump on these two issues asap, as i really would like to use this app's functionality.

since i updated to 1.8.1

I get constant error logging saying WARNING: a client with name "IMACC2" is already connected

but all seems to be working.

I can imagine this will continue to add errors forever. can this be FIXED???

Mathew Theriault

i have same issue, first time you start the application, its in basic licensing, you stop then close application and start it back and its now pro

• 4 weeks later...
Richie Cruz

I have the same issue as everyone has been discussing. On every reboot I have to re-activate the app for the connection to complete. Please fix..

Jared Smith

Synergy used to work awesome between my MacBook Pro and a Win 7 laptop. I just got a new MacBook pro and decided to boot my Win 7 laptop and use synergy between my MacBook Pro's. I have been having all sorts of issues (using 1.8.6). The first being the one described here where I have to reboot to get the client to contect. The other and more annoying one is my cursor disappears as I cross over to my client and does not re-appear as I go back to the server screen. Sometimes I have to wait 30-40 seconds before it will re-appear. In this MacBook to MacBook setup synergy is kind of useless. Hopefully it will get back to the stability I saw between my MacBook and Win 7 laptop.