Valeanu

cannot connect to version 1.8.6 stable

2 posts in this topic

Hi everybody,

I just installed synergy on my brand new and blank computer used as server. I also installed it on another, older computer.

Both are on Win 10, updated of course.

 

Here what the soft says:

[2016-12-13T19:29:18] INFO: backing off, wait=10s, failures=64

[2016-12-13T19:29:28] INFO: starting new process

[2016-12-13T19:29:28] INFO: activeDesktop:Default

[2016-12-13T19:29:28] INFO: starting new process

[2016-12-13T19:29:28] INFO: drag and drop enabled

[2016-12-13T19:29:28] ERROR: cannot read configuration "C:/Users/Alex/AppData/Local/Temp/qt_temp.p10668": read error: line 2: invalid character 0xffffffe9

synergys.exe: no configuration available

[2016-12-13T19:29:29] ERROR: failed to launch, error: process immediately stopped

[2016-12-13T19:29:29] INFO: backing off, wait=10s, failures=65

 

Of course, I can't find this in qt_temp.p10668:

section: screens

Prométhée:

halfDuplexCapsLock = false

halfDuplexNumLock = false

halfDuplexScrollLock = false

xtestIsXineramaUnaware = false

switchCorners = none

switchCornerSize = 0

VerryPreciousss:

halfDuplexCapsLock = false

halfDuplexNumLock = false

halfDuplexScrollLock = false

xtestIsXineramaUnaware = false

switchCorners = none

switchCornerSize = 0

end

 

section: aliases

end

 

section: links

Prométhée:

right = VerryPreciousss

VerryPreciousss:

left = Prométhée

end

 

section: options

relativeMouseMoves = false

screenSaverSync = true

win32KeepForeground = false

clipboardSharing = true

switchCorners = none

switchCornerSize = 0

end

 

Could someone help me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also having issues starting with this last update.. as in my server will not actually start. My general logging does not share much detail on something specific, but my note in the bottom left of the application always says "Synergy is starting. Never had this issue before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also having a problem once upgrading to 1.8.6 stable. There are additional IP addresses listed on both clients and defaulting to the 192.168.x.x address on the server vs 2 169.254.x.x addresses on the client.

 

This was not listed before the upgrade.

 

turning off SSL and Auto config didn't help..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now