Jason Resch

Gesture Support for Magic Mouse and Trackpad on Mac client

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I was reading the synergy change log i saw this in 1.4.10 - Feature #2974 - Gesture Support for Magic Mouse/Trackpad

Is this a current feature to use a multi-touch trackpad on an OS X Synergy server and gestures are sent to the OS X Synergy client i've never had anything more than simple mouse function.

Is this a current feature and im just doing something wrong or is it not currently implemented?

I've just purchased & installed Synergy and assumed that Mac trackpad gestures would work for Mac to Mac sharing. I use an Apple Trackpad and am really struggling to use my client macbook without gestures -- to the point that I would not have bought Synergy if i knew that this didn't work.

Could somebody confirm that this shouldn't work (or better can you fix it?)

Thanks.

Likewise, after seeing that in the changelog I took a punt and ordered to find that two finger scroll is the only gesture working.

Is this likely to be resolved in a later release?

Just bought Synergy so I could share my MacBook and Retina iMac from the same Magic Keyboard / Magic trackpad 2 based on recommendation from slant.co.

Didn't realise that gestures don't work (not even the two finger scroll for me). Other gestures while on the client screen generate the message "WARNING: unknown quartz event type: 0x1e". Both systems are Sierra 10.12.3.

I'm not too worried about the other gestures but without scrolling I don't find Synergy actually usable.

Happy to provide log files if this will help and interested to try out any suggestions but most likely will have to revert to Sharemouse (which worked fine but often "lost" the connection when waking from sleep. The woes of having multiple macs...!)

All the best,

Karl

I'm also bummed to find out AFTER I PURCHASED the software that the trackpad gestures do not work on the client.

I am also a paid user and having an issues on the client computer with multitouch functions namely:

two finger scrolling used often for web browsing as well as two finger gestures to zoom in browser

four finger gestures to switch desktops etc.

I am currently using Synergy build 1.8.7-stable-9799e96

the synergy icon also disappears from the mac menu bar from time to time although the program functions (such as start) can be activated where the icon should be by right clicking.

Hoping to receive a solution in good time

Thanks

CK

Yep, all of the above. Wasn't happy to find out this shortcoming way back when I purchased this app and I'm still not happy to see it missing to this very day. Too bad this hasn't been solved yet. It would instantly make Synergy the ultimate solution within its domain. Also, i feel it would befit Symless to more clearly (PERHAPS LIKE THIS) state that Synergy does not offer support for that which is evidently widely assumed to be an obvious feature for trackpad wielding Mac users. Prior to purchase.