Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse stuck on other monitor when desktop locked

Jeff Boschee

I have a problem that I'm hoping has an easy solution. I have a Mac (client) and a PC (Server) and I lock my desktops when I'm away from the desk. When I come back, if the mouse goes over to the other screen, it locks on the other screen, but I can't move it. I have to use the mouse on the mac and turn off synergy, which frees my mouse on the pc and unlock the pc and then I can turn synergy back on, on the mac and it works fine.

Dave McFarlane

I'm seeing the same behaviour on a Windows Synergy server and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS client. When the Windows screen locks I have to use the client's mouse to stop Synergy and log onto the Windows server.

Version: 1.8.4-stable-a6ff907

• 1 month later...

I experience this as well. (Win10 server, Win10 client and El Capitan client)

What I've found helpful is to assign a HotKey (or combo) that forces the mouse and KB to each of my Clients and Server displays. Use the action "Switch To Screen"

For instance, I have F1 set to my left-most Synergy client display/computer, F2 set to my Synergy Server computer and F3 to my right-most Synergy client computer. When I lock my workstation(s), I cannot use Win-L to lock clients, because that command (for whatever reason) is automatically captured by the Synergy Server host computer, regardless of which computer that Synergy mouse+KB is currently active on. It also does not allow the cursor to be redirected while that system is locked. I must lock the clients manually by mouse clicks and then lock the Synergy Server host. When I come back, moving my mouse to other displays results in the activity you described; mouse being locked (in my case, the top left corner)on the Client's display. I used to have to manually restart Synergy until I set up the HotKeys, so now I can force the mouse/KB to be on the display I want, and also allows me to double-check it's on the display I want because I frequently lose the cursor. I force the switch to my Server display, unlock it, then proceed to move to the clients and unlock them.