Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Separate Multiple Screens

Calder Lewis
So the idea is that when you configure the server, a computer with multiple screens is able to be separated. For Example, I have two computers with 3 screens. The center screen is run from one computer and the other computer runs the outside monitors. I'd like to have the mouse actually follow the Monitor setup rather than having to scroll completely across one to get to the other. If this is already been able to accomplished, tell me how please -pleb life
Stephen Sandritter
We would be VERY glad to see this feature in the next version! We have a setup where we use five computers, each using two screens. The configuration is split between two stacked 55" monitors with quad multi view processors, and a separate dedicated machine off to the left (with two monitors). The bottom monitor shows all four primary screens, and the top monitor shows all four secondary screens. The standalone computer has both screens side by side. It would be amazing to be able to use your software to navigate between all five computers. Please and thank you!
  • 2 months later...
Thorbjørn Bruarøy
Not sure I totally understand, but have you seen this post: [url=http://synergy-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=98]Alternate desktop alignments[/url] ? Might help you both accomplish what you are looking for.
  • 4 weeks later...
Martin Klug
I totally understand what Calder Lewis means, i have the same problem. I am running a physical setup like this: [Client Screen1] [Server Screen] [Client Screen2] On my client, screen 2 is to the right of screen 1. How can i tell synergy to move the mouse pointer into client screen 1 when it leaves the server screen to the left AND move it to client screen 2 when it leaves the server screen to the right? Even if i could run two clients programs on my client machine, it would be of no use, because i cannot bind a client to just one screen. We need flexible multi-monitor handling urgently.
  • 6 months later...
Richard Tracy
I think what we are trying to say is some people have multiple screen for one system, but not side by side, they are on top of each other. My setup is like this: [code] __________ | | | server | | LCD 2 | _________ _|_________|__ _________ | | | || | | client 1 | | Server | | cleint 2 | | | | Primary LCD | | | |________| | | |________| |_____________|[/code] My issue is when I move my mouse to either client 1 or 2, and then back depending on if the mouse is at the top of the clients screen, it will end up on my top LCD 2 of the server, to down level with my primary screen. And for my case, my top screen is a 24-inch screen, where my bottom screen is a widescreen 27 inch. If Synergy has the capability to choose how the server is setup with multiple screens and even resolutions, it would be nice not to allow the mouse to move from the top LCD 2 to client 1 or 2, just move within the primary LCD.