Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Restart option

James Shinevar

I am using a Bluetooth PAN to use Synergy to connect my laptop to my production network machine and my dev network machine. I would probably get in trouble if they knew that it could potentially transfer files, but I'll worry about that. From time to time the client machine start lagging, and it is necessary to stop the server and client and start them again and then everything is working great. This means I need to connect my keyboard and mouse to the client machine and stop/start there. It would be great, if on the server, there was a restart option that would send a shutdown/start signal to the client and shutdown/start the server. This way I wouldn't need to connect my keyboard and mouse to the second computer.

• 3 months later...
Jeffrey Lee

I'd like to see a restart or "recycle network information" option as well. I use Synergy on a laptop that I disconnect from the network each day, and my assigned IP is dynamic. I have to quit/restart Synergy daily, so a restart button would save me a few heartbeats each day :)