Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1.8.4 crashes Linux -> Linux

sverre hamre

The 1.8.4 crashes for me when leaving the server screen, this happens when using linux server to linux client, using the same linux client to windows 10 server works fine.

Both Linux is Archlinux, and updated with 1.8.4-stable synergy.

[2016-10-18T16:57:19] INFO: leaving screen
/build/synergy/src/synergy-1.8.4-stable/src/lib/synergy/Screen.cpp,131
synergys: /build/synergy/src/synergy-1.8.4-stable/src/lib/platform/XWindowsScreen.cpp:2027: bool XWindowsScreen::grabMouseAndKeyboard(): Assertion `result != GrabNotViewable' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Anybody had the same issue?

• 2 weeks later...

I just upgraded to 1.8.4 and now have this same error. I'm using an Arch Linux box as my server and OS X as the client and have 1.8.4 on both ends.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now upgraded both the mac OS client and the arch linux server to 1.8.5 and still get that message when I try to move the mouse to the other screen :(

• 1 month later...
Doug Weber

I recently switched my desktop window manager to i3wm instead of Gnome 3 on my synergy server machine. After the switch, I no longer get that error and things work just fine. It's nice to have synergy working again. I don't know if the error happens on Unity, but at least for me, having my synergy server on Gnome crashes with the error above, and running i3 fixes it.