Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Can't use SSL connection with Macbook Air

Simon Jones
Hi All Anyone else had an issue with using SSL and the macbook air. Recently upgraded to the latest version of synergy but then found my macbook air could not connect to the synergy server running on a PC. Log showed several errors including unable to open SSL socket etc. Tried going back to previous version and that would not work either although it did not throw up an issue with SSL I believe it was working with SSL previously but not 100% sure ( i did not change the server config) In the end I turned off SSL on the macbook and the server and it connected instantly. Cheers Simon
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
Hi Simon, Please could you share the log you emailed me? Thanks, Nick
I am experiencing the exact same problem (Macbook Air running MacOS X Yosemite 10.10.3 client with Windows 7 server). The non-SSL setup works fine, and the SSL setup *sometimes* does too. But then after some period of time, trying to move focus onto the Mac client just causes an immediate jump to the opposite side of my PC screen. When I try turning SSL off and on and restarting client and server, just get errors both on the server and client. The only thing that works is to turn off SSL, restart the service entirely on Windows, and restart the client entirely on the Mac.