Sign in to follow this  
Rick Borup

SSL fails in Version 1.8.3

6 posts in this topic

SSL fails after upgrading to version 1.8.3. It was working in version 1.8.2. Server is 64-bit Windows 10 Pro, client is Windows XP Pro. Both machines have been restarted after updating from 1.8.2 to 1.8.3. With SSL turned off, the connection works as expected. Enabling SSL results in a cycle of client timeouts with "WARNING: failed to accept secure socket" log messages on the server. Update was installed from package 1.8.3-stable-db9181b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RESOLUTION:

 

1. Navigate to %localappdata% (Win+R, then type %localappdata%)

2. Locate and rename Synergy folder to Synergy.bad (or delete it... renaming is best practice)

3. Run Synergy Setup Wizard (File>Run Wizard)

*When you're getting a new SSL thumbprint prompt you're on the right track, gumshoe. ;D

4. Do this on all machines.

 

This fixed everything right up for me, no service or desktop restarts needed.

 

This problem might (should) be avoided altogether if the 1.8.3 setup is run as admin, but I haven't tested that.

 

*Ususal disclaimers apply: I dont work for Synergy, at your own risk, etc etc

 

**Moderator: feel free to move this up a level or make sticky if it is helpful. Love this product. Thanks for your work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same issue with an Ubuntu Server and Windows 8.1 64bit Client.

To fix it in Ubuntu:

  • Close Stop and Quit Synery
  • Rename or delete ~/.synergy (/home/yourusername/.synergy)
  • Then re-run the wizard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just adding my 2¢, but I encountered this problem with a client and server both running 1.8.3-stable-db9181b (client: OS X 10.11.6, server: Ubuntu 14.04.5).

 

The client was throwing the following error:

 

ERROR: ssl error occurred (system call failure)
ERROR: failed to connect secure socket

And I fixed it by following the above advice to delete the ~/.synergy/ folder on the server and re-run the setup wizard. After that, the client connected just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgraded from 1.8.2 to 1.8.3-stable-db9181b

stopped connecting..

 

Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit as server

OS X 10.11.6 as client

 

Needed to run Wizard on both server & client.

On Windows I followed

1. Navigate to %localappdata% (Win+R, then type %localappdata%)

2. Locate and rename Synergy folder to Synergy.bad

 

as posted by David Polis, before I ran the wizard.

 

Everything working again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, David. This solution worked for me.

 

RESOLUTION:

 

1. Navigate to %localappdata% (Win+R, then type %localappdata%)

2. Locate and rename Synergy folder to Synergy.bad (or delete it... renaming is best practice)

3. Run Synergy Setup Wizard (File>Run Wizard)

*When you're getting a new SSL thumbprint prompt you're on the right track, gumshoe. ;D

4. Do this on all machines.

 

This fixed everything right up for me, no service or desktop restarts needed.

 

This problem might (should) be avoided altogether if the 1.8.3 setup is run as admin, but I haven't tested that.

 

*Ususal disclaimers apply: I dont work for Synergy, at your own risk, etc etc

 

**Moderator: feel free to move this up a level or make sticky if it is helpful. Love this product. Thanks for your work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this