Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

client monitors won't sleep?

Rob Dennison

I purchased Synergy on the weekend. I had used the free version in the past, but figured that since you are charging for it now, it must have made a lot of improvements. Well, there are some issues...

1) The client screens don't go to sleep anymore. I'll come back to the office in the morning and the client monitors are still happily displaying everything from the night before while the server monitor is sleeping. This is not good behavior!

2) The system doesn't handle multiple displays on the client machine very well. It's too bad there isn't a way to configure the size of each display, or the dimensions of the client machines.

3) Still don't transfer sound from client machine to server? Would be terrific if you built a sound driver for clients that would send any sound to the server machine... that would mean headphones or speakers connected to the server machine would play any sound from the client(s), making for a more seamless experience.

Only #1 is a real problem that needs a proper solution. #2 would be nice to have. #3 is more of a feature request. I know other solutions (Multiplicity) allow for sound transfer, so it's not an insurmountable problem.

• 7 months later...
rchaudry

Any suggestions on this? Having the same issue using version 1.8.8. Several places on the web suggest making a setting change to screensavesync=off but i dont see this in the setting for my version