Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Logitech M570 - PC to Mac

Robert Dulin, III

Robert Dulin, III

Probably a little to specific to matter, but...

I'm running Windows 10 as my server with MacOS Sierra. I just switched to a Logitech M570 Wireless Trackball mouse.

So here's what happens...

The mouse works fine on the PC, but when I got the the Mac it's a toss up whether or not the M570 Wireless Mouse will work properly. Many times it won't work at all, but most often it won't scroll or allow me to click into a window and the windows. The only way for me to fix this is to come back to my PC and type somewhere/anywhere on the PC and then when I go back to the Mac it'll work properly. Then it's just a matter of time before it happens again.

No rhyme or reason as to why this happens that I've found. I'm running 1.8.3 and this also happened with 1.8.2.

Anybody else have this issue or have any suggestions? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

• 1 month later...
Mike Schenck

I believe I have the same problem. Same setup Windows 10 server and OSX Sierra as client.

Often I will notice that I can't use the scroll wheel anymore and then sometimes I find clicking the left button doesn't work.

What I discovered, however, was that if I open the synergy app and if the Synergy window has focus on my Win10 machine, everything works fine on the Mac.

I've tested it repeatedly so I'm confidence it's no fluke. I just reported it to synergy yesterday and they said that so far it looks like a bug.

I'm considering digging out my old VGA monitor and extending my desktop just so I can keep the synergy window open and active as a work around for now.