Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Issue with new version

Mike Coughlan

Hi,

I have to admit that nearly every time I upgrade, problems occur, however it had been a while so decided to upgrade today.

I have 2 Windows 10 machines, and when I go to run the wizard 1.8.3 I get the following error:

Error: Unable to delete plugin:

C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Plugins\ns.dll

Please stop Synergy and run the wizard again

However running again just does the same.

Is someone able to advise please?

Cheers

Mike

EDIT: Seems it works if you turn of SSL?

William Welker

I experienced the same problem. Here is what I did: Stop the installation of the new version of Synergy, and use Windows Explorer to navigate to the C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Plugins\ns.dll file and manually delete it. Then install Synergy. Synergy will create a new ns.dll, and if you notice, the new ns.dll will be a little larger than the old one. I think this problem is caused by Windows 10 protecting the files in your C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Plugins directory which prevents Synergy from deleting the file. Anyway, I hope this helps.

William Welker
Unfortunately I do not have a plugins folder?

Well, I copied the directory straight from your post: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Plugins\ so I don't know what to tell you. ????

Tavarvess Ware

I am on 1.84 now and still can't connect and had same issue with 1.83. I was on the beta program and had no issues then stopped using due to different work schedule now can't seem to get it to work again. Any update on what to clear up or is it a Windows 10 issue? I am on build 14942.1000 verion 1607 if that helps.

Tavarvess Ware

I finally got it working here were my steps:

uninstall synergy from both machines

appdata\local\synergy (delete)

reinstall synergy

Edit firewall I had to enable synergys (on one machine) did the name change? If so this solved the issue