Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy Pro "copy&paste" crash

Antonio Durante
after 1.7.2 update, every time I try to copy from client and paste to server, Synergy crashes. ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL NOTE: disconnected from server Server Win 8.1 64x Client Win XP 32x
Antonio Durante
server log: INFO: screen "antonio-dell" grabbed clipboard 0 from "Antonio_pc" INFO: screen "antonio-dell" grabbed clipboard 1 from "Antonio_pc" INFO: switch from "antonio-dell" to "Antonio_pc" at 6,539 INFO: entering screen NOTE: client "antonio-dell" has disconnected NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: new client disconnected NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: new client disconnected NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: new client disconnected NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: new client disconnected NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: new client disconnected
Ian Francis
I am getting a similar issue, although the crash is not consistent. If I copy from the server to the client, it either crashes, or the mouse is confined to the server screen. I do not currently have further details on the crash, although I have sent automated reports on the last two occasions. When the mouse is confined to the server screen, it goes off the right edge (which should go to the client screen) but reappears approximately half way across the server screen. The point where it appears seems to coincide with the right hand edge of the SynergyPro window (if it was displayed). Each time it leaves the right hand edge of the server screen the client shows the disconnected from server message, then connecting, then the fingerprint, and back to connected to server, see below. NOTE: connected to server NOTE: disconnected from server NOTE: connecting to '192.168.0.10': 192.168.0.10:24801 NOTE: server fingerprint: CB:FC:DE:F4:59:97:8B:FC:8A:80:31:22:F0:94:23:81:D7:82:3D:EB NOTE: connected to server Both SynergyPro instances are at 1.7.2 Server is: Ubuntu 15.04 Client is Windows 7 Professional Sample from Server Log: NOTE: new client disconnected ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process NOTE: starting server NOTE: config file: /tmp/qt_temp.JH2374 NOTE: log level: INFO NOTE: log file: /var/log/synergy.log NOTE: started server, waiting for clients NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: client "THINKPAD" has connected
Quinn Osha
Also getting the same crashes with Copy & Paste. Server: Max OSX 10.10.2 Yosemite Client: Sony Vaio Windows 7 Workaround for me is to avoid copying anything other than short pieces of text.
Nitan Singh
[quote="Ian Francis"]I am getting a similar issue, although the crash is not consistent. If I copy from the server to the client, it either crashes, or the mouse is confined to the server screen. I do not currently have further details on the crash, although I have sent automated reports on the last two occasions. When the mouse is confined to the server screen, it goes off the right edge (which should go to the client screen) but reappears approximately half way across the server screen. The point where it appears seems to coincide with the right hand edge of the SynergyPro window (if it was displayed). Each time it leaves the right hand edge of the server screen the client shows the disconnected from server message, then connecting, then the fingerprint, and back to connected to server, see below. NOTE: connected to server NOTE: disconnected from server NOTE: connecting to '192.168.0.10': 192.168.0.10:24801 NOTE: server fingerprint: CB:FC:DE:F4:59:97:8B:FC:8A:80:31:22:F0:94:23:81:D7:82:3D:EB NOTE: connected to server Both SynergyPro instances are at 1.7.2 Server is: Ubuntu 15.04 Client is Windows 7 Professional Sample from Server Log: NOTE: new client disconnected ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL NOTE: stopping synergy desktop process NOTE: starting server NOTE: config file: /tmp/qt_temp.JH2374 NOTE: log level: INFO NOTE: log file: /var/log/synergy.log NOTE: started server, waiting for clients NOTE: accepted client connection INFO: accepted secure socket NOTE: client "THINKPAD" has connected[/quote] Solution: To fix this, reverse the sharing. So make your server the client and client the server. Configure them correctly and they should work. Then, change them back to what configuration you had before. Im getting a different issue. When drag and dropping from windows to mac with mac as the server, it crashes too.