Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

keyboard encoding translation

Hi,

I'm using synergy 1.8.2 with a Linux acting as a server and a windows 10 as client.

My keyboard is a french one and it is configured in utf-8 in Linux.

I've a problem with the keyboard under windows. Some keys are not correctly translated. For example @ is badly sent to windows client.

What is the configuration to avoid this problem ?

Regards.

Theodoros Kondakos

I am pretty much on the same train. I installed Synergy yesterday for the first time, and i m still learning. So i have a problem with language swap too. Currently my server is on Win 10 Pro and the client is on Win 7 Pro (soon to be win 10 pro). I use two language layouts for my keyboard, English and Greek. When i press alt+shift to change language on the client, it simply doesn't work. Momentarily it changes to Greek on the toolbar icon, but i cannot type in Greek even for a brief moment. The lang is always English.

• 1 month later...
Christos Fousteris
I am pretty much on the same train. I installed Synergy yesterday for the first time, and i m still learning. So i have a problem with language swap too. Currently my server is on Win 10 Pro and the client is on Win 7 Pro (soon to be win 10 pro). I use two language layouts for my keyboard, English and Greek. When i press alt+shift to change language on the client, it simply doesn't work. Momentarily it changes to Greek on the toolbar icon, but i cannot type in Greek even for a brief moment. The lang is always English.

Try having the server on the language you need the client to be able to write... this works at least as a workaround. So what you need is the same languages installed on the both server/client and then if you want to write Greek on the Client you switch Greek to the server first.