Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Client won't go into Sleep mode or turn display off

Craig Snyder

My server will sleep and turn the display off after inactivity, but my client machine won't. I have screen saver synchronization on. Both are Windows 10 machines.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Richard Amendola

I am glad I not the only one with this problem I up dated my pc to win 7 from vista i did not known if it was the upgrade or just ver 1.8 5

• 4 weeks later...
James Beuzeval

I have this same problem on Windows 10 client, I'm running 1.8.5. In fact I've had it for a while but only just identified Synergy as the culprit having run "powercfg /requests" from the command line.

I' identified and also fixed the issue by following this guide http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/32 ... ndows.html.

I had to make a few goes to get the override working. Just make sure "synergyc.exe SYSTEM" appears under [PROCESS] when you run powercfg -requestsoverride to be sure you're good to go. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Joshua Post

The requestsoverride worked for me with a little more tweaking. It was showing up as Display and System for me.

Click on Start and type in Command and right click on the entry and select "Run as Administrator"

Type in the following command to allow the system to sleep, even if Synergy is running

powercfg -requestsoverride PROCESS synergyc.exe DISPLAY SYSTEM

You can verify it appears in the list of overrides with this command

powercfg /requestsoverride

[sERVICE]

[PROCESS]

synergyc.exe DISPLAY SYSTEM

[DRIVER]