Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

SSL protocol unknown - client not connecting

Julia Purdy
I( have 3 PCs I am trying to connect. two are working. The server and one client. One client will not connect. I uninstalled and reinstalled it fresh, but it's not working. Here is the message: activeDesktop:Default INFO: starting new process INFO: drag and drop enabled NOTE: started client NOTE: connecting to '192.168....': 192.168....:24800 INFO: watchdog status: ok ERROR: secure socket error: SSL_ERROR_SSL ERROR: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol ERROR: failed to connect secure socket INFO: server connection may not be secure NOTE: disconnected from server
Anthony Bury
I am getting a similar error when trying to connect after the upgrade. So far none of my other client can connect to my server system. Are there any updates on this for a resolution?
Mark Richter
I was having a similar problem with my Win7 client connecting to my Xubuntu 14.04 server. In checking the server log, I found that the client seemed to have been connected already. I'm not sure why, since there was no active connection, but I went through a compelte reinstall process and this particular error went away. It would be nice if there was another way to fix this.... Mark
Julia Purdy
I finally got it to work. deleted and re downloaded server and all clients. I also went in an manually deleted all the app data files I could find since configuration seems to have been stored and not deleted with uninstall. Don't know if that made any kind of real difference, but it was the magic mix that made it connect on the 3rd time downloading. Works great now. !!! yea.
I ran into this same issue. I found that this was caused when the client was able to login to my account by the server was not. This enabled the SSL connection option on the client but disabled it on the server. After I disabled the network security option in the client settings it was able to connect.