Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse doesn't work if running vmware fusion full screen

version 1.8.2 synergy server on my macbook pro 10.11.6. synergy client on my win 10 x64 desktop. moving from mac to win system is usually ok. but if i have a full screen vmware fusion virtual machine open on my Mac, the mouse will cross over to Windows, but it will be erratic and unusable. also without even crossing over in this environment, i will see some error type of window popup in the win 10 system's task bar, but i can't get to it to see what it says because it's minimized and goes away if i minimize my mac's full screen vm. the vmware fusion full screen runs on my mac in its own desktop screen. the only way i can get synergy to work properly when moving to the windows system is to switch my active Mac desktop with virtual machine to the first normal Mac desktop screen and then cross the mouse over from there. so, i guess the bottom line here is that the vmware virtual machine in full screen seems to mess up synergy. would be nice if this could be fixable. ok, i guess i see lots of similar issues posted already with vmware fusion and synergy.
  • 9 months later...
Caleb McDonald

+1 this. I also have experienced this same issue. Noticed as soon as I swipe to the full screen Windows 7 VM under Fusion Synergy on my Mac shows errors:

WARNING: unknown quartz event type: 0x1e

This is very disappointing that this is stopping from Synergy from working correctly.