Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse "disappear" (Windows 10)

Vincent Ottinger
Hi, (sorry... i'm french speaking...) I just bought and installed the new version of Synergy. 1.8.2. My server is a Surface Book Pro (scree resolution is 3000x2000). My client is a desktop with a resolution 2560x1440. Both are with Windows 10 64bits. When I try to switch my mouse from the server to the client, "nothing" special appear, but mouse is "locked". When I clic, the opened window on the client is reduced, then opened, then reduced, then.... I have to stop the Synergy service from the client side, with the primary mouse. Then I recover the mouse in my server. Do you have any idea ? Thanks for you help. Vincent
Steve Cutler
I'm having the same problem. Server is a Dell Laptop running Windows 10 64bit and the client is a Surface Pro 3 also running Windows 10 64bit. I have two monitors hooked up to the laptop and then the Surface Pro is just below them. If I try to configure the layout of the screens like this I can't event get the mouse to switch over to the client. If I set the client to be on the left of the server I can get the mouse to switch but it locks the mouse on the server and the clients mouse cursor seems to be locked in the upper right corner of the screen. Once there clicking buttons seem to work (right click brings up the context menu) and the keyboard seems to work but I can never move my mouse anywhere. To get it to go back to the server I have to stop the service on the client. Any help would be great! Thanks, Steve

This is often related to a Window's feature, called DPI scaling. You will need to disable this for Synergy, here are the exact steps:

Bring up your Start menu/screen

Search for and/or click on "This PC" (this is the name in Windows 8)

Open the C: drive

Open Program Files

Open the Synergy folder

Right click on "synergys.exe" and click "Properties"

Switch to the "compatibility" tab

Click "Change Settings for all users" (synergys can run as a different user)

Click the checkbox for "Deactivate scaling for high DPI value" (above "run as admin")

Click "OK"

Open your Synergy app the usual way (from the Start screen, you can just type synergy) and click "Apply" or "Stop"/"Start"

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Ok, I just wanted to thank Jenel for providing a solution that worked for me. Ever since I switched to 125% scale in Windows 10 (getting old, hehe), I wasn't able to see the mouse cursor in another computer (although buttons worked fine). This solved the problem. Thanks a lot!