Pierre Delporte

Use of proxy for activation

10 posts in this topic

It would be nice to be able to use proxy parameters to activate the product. I am behind a proxy and thus I cannot activate the product as it looks like it cannot reach the activation server.

Activation works, but I can't download ns-plugin behind proxy. Proxy support is urgent.

The installer should either obey the system default proxy, or there should be a download package that bundles the ssl plugin automatically.

+1 for this. All my machines are behind a proxy, so I am unable to activate or enable encryption at the moment without going back to an older version. In needs to use the default proxy, or accept a proxy parameter in the config file or commandline. Eg. HTTP_PROXY="http://someproxyipordns:80". The linux variable convention would be fine.

+1 from here as well. For plugin downloading (for now just "ns" plugin) it would be nice if Synergy would be able to use proxy when needed. I would see three common options for proxy settings: no proxy, system default, manual settings. I would assume this feature would be very welcome for a big number of business users.

+1 for this. I'm still unable to get the ns plugin. Manual proxy config is required to switch between the proxies.

I have multiple machines at my desk at work, and I was able to get the activation to work using environment variables on OpenSuse 13.2 in Synergy 1.7.4, however on my Ubuntu 15.04, using the debian version, it is not working with the environment variables, i get a popup stating CURL error, failing to connect. It would be nice to have a alternative method to authenticate a premium license.

Any idea if this item is WIP? It would save a lot of trouble for many premium users.

On 11/3/2015 at 6:43 AM, Kalle Koivisto1491392827 said:

Any idea if this item is WIP? It would save a lot of trouble for many premium users.

+1