Sign in to follow this  
Mitchell Tuckness

Slow, None Sensative Clients

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, I wanted to come to the forums for hopefully some help. I have been using Synergy for years and years. I have four computers I run it on with my main as the server. Last week I had a Dell Ultrasharp 30 inch Monitor connected to my server system via Dual DVI connector and everything worked fine. This week I upgraded my monitor to the Dell 32 4K Ultrasharp monitor that now connects to the monitor using a Display port (on the video card) and a mini Display Port (on the Monitor). All of a sudden now, when I move the cursor to any of the other Clients, the mouse seems to lose sensitivity and lags when I move it so it is almost impossible to click on say the X to close a window. And when I drag the mouse down from the top of the clients monitor to the bottom, where it used to be smooth and make it with room to spare on my mouse pad, I make it maybe halfway and it is choppy and unresponsive. The slower I go, the less the mouse moves, meaning where normally I would move the mouse smooth across the monitor it now basically stands there like the mouse laser is blocked Especially when I move the mouse on the clients right to left, (left to right seems to be smother). Yes, I have cleaned the mouse. The problem is, it works fine on the server system and it does it on every client. I do not understand how the changing of a monitor (and a slight increase in resolution) can effectively kill Synergy (it is that bad, almost unusable for what I need). I have tried turning off "Don't take foreground window on Windows Server" as I read of some forum post because a user was having an issue like this. Oh and if I use a local mouse attached to the clients, they work fine, nice and smooth. I am at a loss, any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have the same problem, 3 clients and 1 server. It only seems to have happened recently, and with windows 10 for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 1.8.4 seems to have fixed the issue. Apparently it was a BUG. Would of been nice if they would have read my support ticket and actually worked with me to determine it was a bug. Anyway I updated to version 1.8.4 and it resolved that issue. Then read the notes and it looks like this was the solution:

 

- DPI scaling was broken when using a Windows server

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try disabling SSL encryption (on both server and clients obviously).

 

It transformed my Synergy from "just about usable" to slick as butter.

 

Cheers

 

Andrew

 

(FreeBSD/Linux Mint/MacOS/Win7-32/win 10-64) - none super high-powered I admit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this