Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

New user inquiry about multiple displays (dev insight?)

klepp0906
Okay, to make things short.. I purchased synergy many moons ago as I run 2 pc's simultaneously and having 2 sets of keyboard/mice was messy among other things. I never got around to setting it up (imagine being THAT busy, ugh) but it's time. I'm sure setting it up between the 2 pc's will be fairly brainless but my question pertains to my main PC. It is set up as such. I have 3 monitors in portrait mode which are tied together as a single surround display. I have a second display (4th monitor) which is an accessory display. My problem is this. I game a lot and would like to continue to do so in full screen (SLI doesnt work in borderless/windowed) but without losing access to my accessory display. Right now my choices are No SLI (bad fps) and accessory display, or SLI (good fps) but locked into the full screen window. I have found a few pieces of 3rd party software which allow me to release from the fullscreen window and move my mouse to the second display, however the minute i click and take focus away, the main screen flashes/collapses/minimizes just as if I had alt/tabbed. I noticed via google this software has the means to stop another window from taking focus (apparently its in the options and for people who are watching a movie etc and move their mouse over to the 2nd pc to stop it from closing whatever has focus). I was curious If i could make this function while on the same pc. i.e. play a game in full screen, and move my mouse off of it onto a 2nd monitor (not 2nd pc) and use the accessory display without minimizing the main screen. To be honest, surround/sli has been around a decade and im amazed this isnt default behavior but i digress. I've been looking to a solution for literally YEARS. I'd still like to be able to move to a 2nd pc as well fwiw. Any takers?
Bradley Brecheisen
This is a limitation within the game and SLI, no 3rd party software is going to be able to release the mouse from this situation. Your best option, is to push for SLI to work their drivers around the ability to use "fullscreen borderless" but even then, it's going to be affected by the games' ability to even choose that option.