Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 1.7.2 crashes on Win64 client

Jean Le Gaonac'h
Hi I am running 1.7.2 win32 on a WIn7.1 x86 server and 1.7.2 win64 on a Win 7.1 x64 client upgraded from 1.7.1 which was working fine Server works fine, client cannot start with following log: NOTE: connecting to service... NOTE: connection established INFO: watchdog status: error NOTE: zeroconf server detected: 192.168.1.55 NOTE: starting client NOTE: config file: C:/Users/JEAN~1.LEG/AppData/Local/Temp/qt_temp.nf8216 NOTE: log level: INFO NOTE: zeroconf server detected: 192.168.1.55 INFO: service command updated INFO: starting new process activeDesktop:Default ERROR: could not get session id for process id 7368 INFO: starting new process INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: failed to load plugin: ns.dll 193 FATAL: An error occurred: %1 n�est pas une application Win32 valide. ERROR: failed to launch, error: process immediately stopped INFO: backing off, wait=2s, failures=1 tried 1.7.1 on both server and client and have the same error Very frustrating as is was working fine previously Thanks
Also having issues with 1.7.2 on win-64bit. Seems like it enables encrypting by default. This was causing SSL error with my work's network. I removed it, and re-installed 1.6.2 which had been working fine previously. I had to shutdown the services with Task Manager to get it up and running again.
Robert Sillett
I'm having significant issues w/ 1.7.2 as well with 64-bit Windows 8.1. Here's what happened for me. 1.) Installed 1.7.2 on my 64-bit Windows 8.1 (removed 1.7.1 first through Add/Remove Programs). 2.) It came up as Synergy Basic 3.) Installed 1.7.2 on my Macintosh OSX Yosemite. (Removed 1.6.2 first; could never run 1.7.1 as it crashed immediately upon launch). 4.) Upon startup on my Mac, the wizard appeared. Then it said PRO. 5.) Obviously SSL issues as PRO cannot connect to BASIC. 6.) Ran wizard on Windows machine through menu. 7.) Now Synergy just hangs. I cannot get anything to connect. I want to revert to 1.6.2. But I cannot install 1.6.2 on my PC. It constantly says "a newer version is already installed". It's not. I have * manually removed C:\Program Files\Synergy * removed all instances of Synergy from my registry Does anyone know where this flag is stored and how I can remove it so I can get back to 1.6.2? Thanks.
Robert Sillett
Of course, 30 seconds after clicking SUBMIT, I found some more registry entries. I was only looking for keys, not data. It looks like I found and nuked the right values, because the 1.6.2 installer starts now. So I'll reboot (just in case) and see what happens!
Johannes Romoth
Same problerm here: ERROR: failed to load plugin: ns.dll 193 FATAL: An error occurred: %1 ist keine zulässige Win32-Anwendung. ERROR: failed to launch, error: process immediately stopped Unfortunately switching off SSL does not solve anything. Any advice to which version should I rollback?
Scott Boutwell
I'm having no luck with the 1.7.2 x86 on my Windows 7 32bit. In either server or client. Will install but never make connection. When I attempt to debug, CRASHES HARD. Anyone find an success with this?
Jean Le Gaonac'h
Hi Nitan I tried this and does not fix my issue A bit of information I forgot to provide is that the 2 machines are on different networks Server 192.168.1.55 and client 192.168.0.122 This issue seems to be that the ns.dll plugin (downloaded upon install?) is not loading Thanks
Rob Perez
I had the same problem, on another note, for those of you with Pro Support, mine is not. I sent emails regarding this over a week ago. I just got my support, which was to come here. I guess I missed the point then... Any, I downloaded and ran on a Win64 client and it crashed. Uninstalled and attempted to revert back to no avail. I uninstalled again, deleted hidden folders, cleaned up unlinked registry keys. I installed 1.6.3 and it is running but the logs are constantly saying can not connect or other misc errors, however it is working. Not that this helps. I doubt I will changed anything going forward. No crashing as of yet, just a very big error log.
Ben Koenig
[quote="Jean Le Gaonac'h"]Hi Nitan I tried this and does not fix my issue A bit of information I forgot to provide is that the 2 machines are on different networks Server 192.168.1.55 and client 192.168.0.122 This issue seems to be that the ns.dll plugin (downloaded upon install?) is not loading Thanks[/quote] Are those the IP addresses of the machines you are trying to connect via Synergy? I'm not entirely sure how your network is configured ( do you have some sort of bridge or forwarding system? ) but machines on different subnets normally cannot, and should not see each other. 192.168.0.x 192.168.1.x Are these subnets routed together? A very good step when all else seems to be failing is to make sure Machine A ( 192.168.0.122 ) can talk to Machine B ( 192.168.1.55 ). Can you ping?
Ben Koenig
Ok nevermind I missed a very important line in your log output. Sorry. Disregard my previous post. Would have been great if not for this line: [code] NOTE: zeroconf server detected: 192.168.1.55[/code] Disabling SSL should solve any ns plugin related issues. Other things to try are disabling "autoconfig" and in general simplifying your setup wherever possible. That's what I do whenever things misbehave like this.
Jean Le Gaonac'h
Hi Ben I tried disabling SSL and autoconfig on the x64 version with no success The only set up that seems to work (even with SSL and autoconfig) is using the x86 version on my x64 client (with the x86 version on my x86 server). The x64 version does not work (dll loading error) Thanks
Carlton Heard
I am also having issues with 1.7.2 crashing on Win7 64-bit but the server side instead of the client. It can install just fine but as soon as I try to move the mouse off the screen Synergy becomes unresponsive and I have to use task manager to kill it.
  • 2 years later...