Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Problem with space key

Juan Antonio Martinez Nava

Juan Antonio Martinez Nava
Dear all, I'm using synergy since the very eary versions and I have always experienced the following problem: I've installed the server on an Ubuntu and the client on a MAC. When I type the space key in the client screen. It does not work at all. I found that by typing "Shift-Alt + space" it write the space character into the screen. So I have tried to configure a shortcut for that specific screen but again this action does not work. How can I solve this problem? Thank you, Juan Antonio
  • 1 month later...
David Martin1491393363
Hi Juan Antonio, Same issue, and I am using a Spanish ISO keyboard in both systems (server and client). Both of them are OS X El Capitan. So it could be an issue with the mapping of the Spanish keyboard layout. In my case, if the focus on the client is in a text field, when pressing space it prints the "s" character. And as you have described, when using "Shift-Alt + space" it prints a space chart. Could you please confirm which keyboard layout and OS are you using in both, the server and the client?.
David Martin1491393363
I have found this post talking about same issue: [url]http://symless.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=633&p=4482#p4482[/url]