Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

How to use Synergy on my iPad

Benjamin Metz
Hi Robert, I am not a developer, but I'd say that this can't be accomplished since you can not have a mouse cursor on iPad. Even the iPad Pros do not allow to connect an apple bluetooth mouse to it. Kind regards, Ben
  • 2 years later...

Hello Guys. Here is what our CEO said : 

"I do have an iPad but I do not think it will be possible to make S+ work with iPad because the iPad does not have a pointer/mouse.

The only thing that could be done is to add a new iPad/iPhone app that would be like a remote controller that could use synergy but this is not synergy as we know it (switching from one device to another by moving the mouse).

If someone wants to do this I do support it and I will recommend them to use a branch in our project for doing this but remember this is separate application"

• 6 months later...
On 26/2/2019 at 11:23 AM, Alexey Pilyaev said:

Hello Guys. Here is what our CEO said : 

"I do have an iPad but I do not think it will be possible to make S+ work with iPad because the iPad does not have a pointer/mouse.

The only thing that could be done is to add a new iPad/iPhone app that would be like a remote controller that could use synergy but this is not synergy as we know it (switching from one device to another by moving the mouse).

If someone wants to do this I do support it and I will recommend them to use a branch in our project for doing this but remember this is separate application"

At least with the iPadOS Beta you can use a bluetooth mouse to point and touch anything on the screen. I think this is one of the new Accessibility features that they added in iOS 13 (You can use any 'pointing' device in fact -with the exception of the magic mouse and magic trackpad-).

Perhaps now Synergy could be used to connect as a bluetooth pointer to the iPad?

I hope you take a look into this. Anyway, thanks for your great work.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Guest locked this topic