Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1.7.6 for Raspberry Pi

Alan Miller
Hi, Has anyone compiled 1.7.6 for a Raspberry Pi? Can we share the debian package or document the steps to compile for ARM? Alan
Alan Miller
Nevermind, I compiled the 1.7.6-stable branch and it seems to work. These steps for for building 1.7.6-stable release on Raspian worked for me. pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get update pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get upgrade pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get install gcc cmake libx11-dev libxtst-dev pi@raspberrypi:~ $ tar xzf ~/Downloads/synergy-v1.7.6-stable-bcb9da8-Source.tar.gz pi@raspberrypi:~ $ mv synergy-1.7.6-stable synergy pi@raspberrypi:~/synergy $ vi CMakeLists.txt # ONLY had to change INCLUDE_PATH to this set(CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH "${CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH}:/usr/include”) pi@raspberrypi:~/synergy $ cd ext pi@raspberrypi:~/synergy/ext $ mkdir gmock-1.6.0 ; unzip gmock-1.6.0 -d ./gmock-1.6.0; mv gmock-1.6.0/src/* gmock-1.6.0 pi@raspberrypi:~/synergy/ext $ mkdir gtest-1.6.0 ; unzip gtest-1.6.0 –d ./gtest-1.6.0; mv gtest-1.6.0/src/* gtest-1.6.0 pi@raspberrypi:~/synergy/ext $ cd .. pi@raspberrypi:~/synergy $ sudo cmake . -- Configuring done -- Generating done -- Build files have been written to: /home/pi/synergy pi@raspberrypi:~/synergy $ sudo make then ran the synergyc binary and was able to connect from my server (OSX) bin/synergyc -f <serverip> Alan
  • 2 months later...
Bill Parrott
I just used these instructions to compile Synergy 1.8.2 on the original RPi Model B. Other than some issues with the Pi freezing (related more to power issues than Synergy, I think), they worked like a charm. There were a couple minor differences. [list] [*]No change needed for the "[i]CMakeLists.txt[/i]" file[/*:m] [*]Don't run the "[i]mv gmock-1.6.0/src/* gmock-1.6.0[/i]" or "[i]mv gtest-1.6.0/src/* gtest-1.6.0[/i]" commands[/*:m] [*]Before running "[i]sudo cmake .[/i]", run "[i]sudo apt-get install libssl-dev[/i]" and "[i]sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev[/i]"[/*:m][/list:u] I ran this on a fresh install of Raspian. Thanks for the instructions!
  • 2 months later...
Daniel Feichtner

Edit: Disregard that!

I'm a moron!

It's compiling!

Woohoo!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello guys and sorry, if I piggyback onto your thread but maybe you can help me out.

I am trying to compile synergy 1.8.4 in my raspberry pi 2 B - and being very new to Linux and the whole deal I am being quite the clueless noob about it. So please bear with me for a moment.

I have followed your instructions, bumbling from command-line to command-line. And I think I am slowly getting at least a basic sense of what Im doing. I have managed to write the build files to /home/pi/synergy.

Upon entering sudo make in /synergy the only response I get is:

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Is there any chance somebody could point me, to what Im doing wrong?