Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Connection Timed Out

Eric Solarz
So I am having trouble connecting my Windows 10 desktop computer to my Ubuntu 15.04 laptop. When I make the laptop the server everything works fine, however the other way around does not. I have checked my firewall settings and on Windows I have no rules that block any of the synergy applications (Synergy, synergy, synergyc, or synergys). My laptop is connected to my home wifi and the desktop is using usb tethering from my phone which is connected to my home wifi. Is it possible I am using the wrong IP? I am just using the bold on on the windows application. Thank you in advance for your help.
Roar Gjøvaag
I am also having the same behavior. Working when setting the laptop as Server but not when desktop is server. But I'm running a Windows 10 (desktop) and Window 8.1 pro on the laptop. I have also tried my work laptop without any luck, but that may be because of the of its corp setting. Going to keep trying different setups, both a Macbook pro and an Ubuntu Server, so ill keep posting if I find something
I'm on the same problem as you guys. I have linux server setup. Wanted to connect W10 to my linux server. Then Connection timed out. Even more info on this problem. I don't really think is a real connection problem. I've tried to [b]telnet myserver 24800[/b] and it works from the client. The server responds saying Synergy. (Check it out guys) If telnet is not responding then surely is a real network problem. From my coworker's PC with linux tried to connect successfully to my server.