Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

keyboard types é instead of e on client

Stephen Ryan
Hi, I installed the latest version of Synergy version: 1.7.6 on 2 Windows 10 Pro machines. It all worked fine yesterday but when I restarted the computers this morning the following happens on the client machine when I type e or i. The keyboard types é instead of e on client. It also does the same for i. I have tried stopping and starting both the Synergy client and server and can't get the client to correctly type the e or i. The server machine is fine it types them correctly. Any ideas how I fix this? It's pretty useless without the e or i? As soon as I switch the client off, and use the keyboard on the client directly it goes back to normal. Thanks, Stephen,
Gareth Armitage
This is something I see from time to time. Usually after I have locked my Windows workstation which acts as the server. Often it will resolve itself after working for a while on the server. Other times I have to restart the server. Restarting the client (Synergy) or the client machine has no impact.
Stephen Ryan
Hi Gareth, Thanks for the reply. After a few stops and starts of the server it eventually resolved itself. Thanks, Stephen.